Lighting Upgrades to Improve Home Security
There are many things homeowners can do to improve home security. One of the easiest and most affordable methods is to upgrade home lighting. Lighting can make your home more visible at night, making it less likely that an intruder will attempt to break-in.
There are many options for outdoor lighting, but we want to highlight a few of the most effective ways to use lighting to keep your home secure.
Motion lights are a great way to improve home security. Not only do they provide extra light when you need it, but they also add an element of protection to your home. They can be placed around the perimeter of your home and will turn on automatically when someone approaches. Automatic lighting will make it more difficult for an intruder to approach your home undetected.
Why are motion lights such a popular option for homeowners?
- Motion lights are a great way to deter intruders.
- They provide extra light when you need it.
- Installing motion lights is a relatively easy and inexpensive home lighting project.
- Motion lights are available in various styles to match your home’s décor.
- Motion lights can be used with other home security measures, such as alarm systems and cameras.
Sylvester Electric, Inc. can install motion lights quickly and easily. We will work with you to choose the best location for the lights, and we will make sure they are installed and working correctly.
Another way to use home lighting to improve security is to install automatic timers. These devices will turn lights on and off at specific times, making it appear as though someone is home even when they are not. This can deter would-be burglars from attempting to break in.
Setting up a light timer is a great way to improve home security. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Pick a location for the timer out of reach and not visible from outside the home.
- Choose a location near an outlet so you can plug in the timer.
- Set a time when you want lights to turn on.
- Set a time when you want lights to turn off.
- Test timer by making sure it turns on and off at the scheduled times.
- Now your home lighting is on a schedule, and you can relax knowing your home is more secure.
Use a timer that connects to a larger home security system or even a smart home system for added peace of mind.
Smart devices allow you to control your home lighting from your smartphone or another internet-connected device. You can turn lights on and off, change the brightness, and even set timers remotely. This gives you complete control of your home lighting, no matter where you are.
This can be especially helpful for security, as you can schedule lights to come on when you aren't home and keep an eye on things with video cameras if you choose to add them.
In addition to home lighting, many smart security systems also include an open/close sensor. This is an important feature that can help you monitor activity in and around your home. If there is any suspicious activity, you will be alerted immediately on your phone so that you can take action. You can also set the device to trigger the lights inside your home to turn on, so you have another layer of protection from potential intruders.
Your Home Lighting Experts
Homeowners can use lighting to feel safer at home. Sylvester Electric, Inc.'s electrical installation services can help you install these various tools and ensure they are working correctly. Contact our team today at (978) 910-0021 for all your home electrical needs.