"It's the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!"
- Winnie the Pooh, "Pooh's Grand Adventure"
Fall is here and Mother Nature is putting on her color show. The days are getting shorter and the nights longer. What better time than to make your home cozy? We’ve got some great tips for you with upgrades for both safety & convenience.
- New outlets. With the Holidays almost here, there’s sure to be a bigger need for electrical outlets. If you’ve got some that are 20 or more years old or if you’re using a lot of extension cords, this is a great time to update. Might be time to replace your USB outlets or adding childproof covers and GFCI’s (ground fault circuit interrupters), which are fantastic ways to prevent electrical shock.
- Why not give yourself complete control to change the “mood” of a room and save electricity as well? Dinner switches do all that plus they are a great way to reduce eye fatigue. Plus there are lots of styles that can compliment your interiors.
- Ceiling fans. Believe it or not, they aren’t just for summer. These fans are a great way to help circulate the warm air, from the ceiling down into your room, maximizing the heat circulation. Add one with a light to double-team on duties.
- Blinds. If you have a lot of windows blinds are a great way to increase your energy savings as well as your privacy. If you have a lot of windows or windows high up, consider motorizing your blinds for extra convenience. Many of the options out there let you control them from your smart phone app or a wall switch. Making it all very easy breezy.
- Make sure not to forget about the outside of your home. Landscape lighting is multi-functional. It can increase the attractiveness of your home, making it inviting & appealing. It can also help with security and overall safety. Consider adding lighting with motion sensor for extra security in driveways and secluded areas around your home.
Visit our website at www.sylvesterelectric.com and talk to us about how we can help you this season with electrical upgrades and options sure to make your home cozy and inviting for the season.