Breaker & Fuse Services in the Lowell
Tewksbury Electrical Services
A circuit breaker is a type of electrical switch which is designed to protect your home and your electrical system from taking damage caused by too much current running through it. When the breaker detects that there is too much current, it will shut down the flow of current. A fuse has a similar function, though it must be replaced after the device is triggered, whereas a breaker can be reset back to normal function. These devices play an important role in the safety of your home electrical system, and bringing in a Lowell braker panel electrician can help you to ensure that they are expertly maintained.
Whether your breaker needs removing, tightening, or replacing, Sylvester Electric is the area’s most trusted team to handle it. Our team serves Tewksbury, Lowell, and the Merrimack Valley.
Keeping Your Home & Family Safe
Do you have breakers or fuses that need attending to? Contact us today to schedule your appointment!
At Sylvester Electric, we are proud to offer our customers:
- Prompt, timely technicians: We are on time to all appointments, and complete our work as efficiently as possible.
- Straightforward pricing: You should not have to wonder how much you’re going to pay, which is why we give you a written price in plain language before we begin our work. No surprises!
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee: If you don’t love the service you received, you will not pay for it.
What Causes a Breaker to Trip?
Resetting a tripped breaker repeatedly tends to be extremely annoying. But why does it happen?
There are three main things that will cause a breaker to trip:
- An overloaded circuit. This is the most common cause and simply means that you have too many things pulling electricity on a single circuit at the same time.
- A short circuit. This happens when a “hot” wire touches either a neutral wire or another “hot” wire.
- A ground fault. These occur when a “hot” wire comes in contact with the ground wire.
In all three cases, there is potential for dangerous electrical fires or other hazards.
If your breaker keeps tripping, or you think there may be another issue, call our team today at (978) 910-0021 to bring out a skilled breaker panel expert. We are here to help!